Sunday, September 28, 2008

if you plant this seed, will a pomagranate grow?

I'm 15 at the moment. I'm at a growth point where everything about life is awkward and I'm still asking all these questions about where to go next. I try to be as independent as I can but I sometimes can't help but look for some one to listen to before class starts. School seems so easy now. The teachers practically lay a sidewalk for me to pass on to the next grade. Everything in my atmosphere has seem to have lost its importance or has become of a lesser value, except one thing....

I'm currently waiting to leave this country for the summer. I'm leaving for Iran. A place that the people of my country knows nothing about. I came back from there about two months ago. I remember when I was told that we were leaving for Iran I had a split personality. Half of myself didn't want to go, she cared too much about keeping a tight grip on the unsteady foundation of her friends and the sentimental things she would find in her pocket or pick up off the ground all the time. And the other half....she wanted to go, she was happy to know that she was leaving this dump for a while. After having her heart waiting for someone who broke his promises and always for got about her. Her heart was more than open to this opportunity. Ever since I stepped onto that first plane, ever since the first hug or kiss was given to me, ever since I saw Iran with my eyes open for the first time. That second half of me turned into a whole.

Before I left to come home I promised to each one of my family members that I would know Farsi by the time I come back. I'm trying really hard to keep that promise. I know a lot already. My aunts and uncles and cousins have noticed more improvement in my voice every time they call my cell phone. I just have trouble trying to remember all the words I write down. Index cards seem to help but I never have time for them. I only have time for online lessons by Hassan H. I carry my Iranian date book in my back pack at all times, so when ever I pull it out to study or try to write a sentence that I have been trying to put together other students look at me and say "What the hell are you writing?" I always ask them "What did you say?" untill they ask me with respect. It shows how important this is to me. Sometimes I spend hours at school remembering the people I love and planning out how I should do things in order to get my self to iran. I need achieve three things so i can go to iran next year.

  1. I need to pass all of my classes
  2. I need to learn farsi
  3. i gotta have the heart
Surely if I complete these three tasks I will prove to everyone that I deserve to go to Iran again.

No comments: