Thursday, October 2, 2008

i guess i understand. but not really



So from what i said in the blog i wrote yesterday. I was being a little insensitive because....i too have noticed that i haven't bounced back to my artsy self. But it's not because i don't have enough time, there are plenty of hours of me not doing anything at school or at home. It's because i dont know what to draw or i don't know what to sing anymore. I tried drawing something today...it looked hideous. I wasn't all that comfortable when i was drawing seeing that my back was practically ARCHING like a boat bridge to bring my neck towards the paper i was drawing on. I didn't have a desk, i was sitting out side on a concrete stage and other students were outside talking a lot and also some guy who could pop his gum at an unbelievably loud level was doing construction work about 200 yards away from me! so its not only what to draw it's WHERE to draw! its also tedious that i can never get motivated at my own home.
Also recently i have been thinking about what to do after i graduate from high school. I know where i want to go. I want to go to The Art Institute of Chicago . I'm wondering if i should just jump into it after high school is done with or should i just go to a community collage for my first year. it's starting to depend on my significant other. It'll be easy, then. I could just buy a plane ticket, a house, a car which would be waiting for me there. I'd pack up my stuff and leave for it. I don't know maybe I'm just dreaming. I hope this is all possible. But it doesn't seem like my mom encourages me to try. The only things she said when i told her about the were " You can't do it. How are you gonna afford it? Will your art be good enough? you can't do it, why would you want to do it?" This is coming from an art teacher. My own mother....

and she only makes me want to try harder to leave.

No comments: