Wednesday, October 1, 2008

stress?


Today in my zero hour sculpture class (i've never tried sculpture so i'm still trying to find out what this art will bring out of me) I over heard two students talking about not attending school merely because of stress. "- I know i havent done any artwork at home because of all the fucking school work i get, i wanted to not come to school today because i am just so stressed out but you know what? i can't do that because i'd miss all the frikking work i'd have to do!" "I always not go to school if get so stressed out from it...yea..i just don't go and forget about it." This conversation struck me as odd and i wanted to lash out at these girls and slap both of them in the face because of such big wussies they were being. Maybe it's just me but i have never heard of getting incredibly stressed out because of school especially not attending school because i don't feel like it! It would be putting my plans in jeopardy! My education! Not to mention how terribly unmotivated it would make me. These girls are art majors like me, and when you look at their art work it seems like they are at a collage art students level. They seem to excel above everyone else in art at such a young age. But when you talk to these skilled students it makes you never want to talk to them again. In my eyes they still haven't learned the mental or personal part of art. That part of art is learning to have self control, will, and on going persistence in getting through something long and tedious such as school work. Of course these people are perhaps the most negative thinkers i have ever met in my life...

No comments: